Nurse Practitioner - Inpatient Psychiatry
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
At Gracie Square Hospital, now is an exciting time of growth and change, providing numerous opportunities to make a big impact on both our future and yours. As a member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare system, we have an unwavering commitment to excellence and are always looking for ways to improve. And it’s dedication like this that drives our success as New York City’s premier provider of inpatient behavioral health services. Pursue the following position, and join us in taking our hospital – and your career – to the next level.
Nurse Practitioner - Inpatient Psychiatry - Days
In this role, you will provide direct clinical care to patients on one of several Specialty Psychiatric Inpatient Units. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will be the primary clinician and team leader for the course of inpatient psychiatric care. She/he will conduct psychiatric evaluations, diagnostic and risk assessments. They will be responsible for plan of care, including medication management, and monitoring the course of treatment. The NP will work with a multidisciplinary team including RNs and Social Workers, that works to innovate and improve care. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
This is a full time, day shift float position, Monday - Friday.
- Previous inpatient RN and /or NP psychiatric experience is desirable
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State License as Nurse Practitioner
- Current New York State Registered Nurse License
- National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner in the specialty of practice
- Basic Life Support Certification for all Nurse Practitioners who provide direct patient care
- Must possess ability to work autonomously, collaborating with physician, peers and others in the health care community.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.