Nurse Practitioner - Emergency Department - Per Diem - 12pm to 12am - Columbia University Irving Medical Center
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Advanced Practice Nursing at NYP: Make a Difference Every Day
Nurse Practitioner - Emergency Department - Per Diem - 12pm to12am - Columbia University Irving Medical Center
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Irving Medical Center, Emergency Department (ED) nursing is a moment-to-moment, career-transforming experience. Here, ED Nurse Practitioners independently assess conditions and rapidly arrange multidisciplinary care. From hi-tech intervention to community trauma care, our NPs identify challenges, comfort families and organize teams when every second counts. Across all departments, our NPs collaborate with nurses, paramedics, physicians and others to use induced hypothermia, digital radiology and other novel techniques. In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide medication management, participate in initial patient intakes, and serve as a consultant. Create a culture of care and caring for patients across all life spans, while developing your skills. We’re looking for a transformational advanced practice nurse like you to help drive its success.
At NewYork-Presbyterian, nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent – thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
You’ll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. It’s the kind of nursing that requires an unwavering commitment to excellence and a constant spirit of professionalism. And it’s your opportunity to enjoy flexible scheduling, shared clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
This is a per diem 12 PM - 12 AM shift position. This position is for New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
- At least one year of NP experience in an Emergency Department
- Emergency room RN or NP experience
- National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner in the specialty of practice
- Masters Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State NP license (or willingness to obtain)
- Current New York State RN license
- BCLS certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.