LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Top-Notch Infection Prevention and Control: You Can Make It Possible
Nurse Epidemiologist - RN - Days
Bring your talents to NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, where infection prevention and control helps drive our continued success as New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report). Here, we have an unwavering commitment to providing a safe and healthy environment for everyone at our hospital - patients, employees and visitors alike. Find out how you can help Make It Possible.
Step into this crucial role, responsible for assisting with the coordination and implementation of our Infection Prevention and Control Program. Monitor cases of communicable diseases, health care-associated infections and epidemiologically significant organisms. Collect, analyze and report on surveillance data, ensuring the program complies with all applicable regulations. Identify and investigate potential outbreaks, and implement appropriate prevention and control measures. Provide consultation services to various departments throughout our hospital, by partnering closely with staff nurses, nursing leaders and physicians on their infection prevention and control. Regularly evaluate the program, and actively participate in performance improvement initiatives.
At NewYork-Presbyterian, nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent – thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
You’ll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. It’s the kind of nursing that requires an unwavering commitment to excellence and a constant spirit of professionalism. And it’s your opportunity to experience inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
This is a Monday - Friday, 9AM-5PM position that requires flexibility in your schedule.
- CIC and/or CBIC certification
- Three years experience in Critical Care or ED setting
- Infection Control experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Master's degree or current enrollment in a Master's program
- BSN (if Master's degree is still in process)
- Two years of acute care experience
- NY RN license (or eligible to obtain within two months)
- Candidates with a passion for and strong interest in Infection Control encouraged to apply
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.