Medical Transcriber - Cytogenetics - Per Diem - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Top-Notch Diagnosis and Treatment:
Medical Transcribers Make It Possible
Per-Diem Medical Transcriber – Cytogenetics - Days
Step into NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, where clinical laboratory professionals are redefining the limits of science and medicine. With patients from across the globe, we study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions. And through our work, we guide the effective diagnosis and treatment of the many people we serve. Now, you can help Make It Possible.
Bring your talents to our tight-knit team, and provide the support our laboratory technologists need to complete tests that drive high-quality care and caring. Our Cytogenetics team is looking for a passionate professional with experience transcribing dictated information from various systems and written documents. In addition, ideal candidate will verify dictations against source documents to ensure accuracy of input. Resolves discrepancies as necessary and prints final copy of reports. May be required to distribute reports as dictated by department management. Performs other laboratory related duties as assigned. Will be required to conform to specific department formats and Joint Commission requirements.
This is a per-diem position and days and hours worked are flexible, based on departmental need and candidate availability.
- Six months experience as a medical transcriber
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills : written and verbal
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong Data Entry skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.