Medical Director Workforce Health Safety
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Engaged Employees Who Perform at Their Best
Transform your career at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, the nation's largest not-for-profit medical center. Thrive as a valued member of the team and feel the pride of mission-driven achievements. Step into our fast-paced and rewarding environment, and keep us performing at the highest level.
Medical Director Workforce Health Safety
In this role, the Medical Director will direct all medical aspects of the Workforce Health & Safety (WH&S) department of the New York Presbyterian Hospital to ensure high quality medical care to all employees according to established medical practice and in compliance with all applicable federal, state, city regulations and hospital policy. The Medical Director acts as an attending Physician for Workforce Health and Safety and advises on clinical standards of care.
- Holds responsibility for the quality of medical care delivered in the Workforce Health & Safety clinics.
- Delivers clinical care to employees, particularly in difficult or complex cases. Assumes a lead role in resolving patient related issues that require medical expertise and/or management support.
- Together with the Corporate Director of WH&S, collaborates in the development and implementation of policy and practice.
- Together with the Corporate Director of WH&S, supports the strategic vision and direction of WH&S.
- Supervises the physicians and Nurse Practitioners in WH&S and is responsible for their recruitment and retention. Provides opportunity for growth and education for WH&S staff. Participates in teaching staff, residents and/or medical students.
- Identifies new opportunities to improve the employee experience with WH&S and thus to improve the patient experience at NYP.
- Assures program compliance with regulatory agencies and hospital policy.
- Develops and maintains the necessary WH&S clinical policies and practices and disseminates these throughout WH&S.
- Arranges and monitors collaborative practice agreements between nurse practitioners or physician assistants and staff physicians.
- Supports the Worker Safety program through clinical leadership.
- Develops periodic and ad hoc analyses regarding the quality of WH&S programs, the general occupational health of the workforce, incident tracking and trending, and exposure data. Ensures the proper distribution of such reports and interprets the results so that responsible parties may take corrective action where needed.
- Serves as a clinical resource to WH&S staff. May serve as a consultant in Occupational Health to other NYP and university departments and client companies. Represents WH&S to other NYP departments, WCMC and Columbia Medical departments and outside entities.
- Member of the Committee on Infections, the Influenza Task Force, the Clinical Support Committee and other committees deemed necessary by the Corporate Director.
- Collaborates and provides clinical expertise and oversight to the Transitional Work Program, Worker’s Compensation, FMLA and Case Management.
- Promotes the use of technology throughout the institution as a means of increasing efficiency and improving job performance.
- Is competent to deliver clinical care relevant to this position in an adult care setting.
- Performs all duties inherent to managerial role. Participates in hiring, training, evaluation and termination of assigned staff according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine
- NYS Medical license
- Board certified or eligible in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Preventive Medicine or Occupational Medicine.
- Minimum of three years post residency experience in the practice of occupational medicine or related field
- Meets all necessary criteria for membership on the NYPH medical staff and for appointment to the faculty of Weill College of Medicine of Cornell University
- Demonstrated clinical leadership skills
- Knowledge of Internal medicine, Occupational medicine, Workers’ compensation, Disability management and applicable government regulations
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.