Medical Data Analyst (Medical Coder)
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of a Mission-Driven Career
Medical Data Analyst – Central Billing Office (Remote)
Join the patient-inspired team at New York-Presbyterian and bring new meaning to your career. See how the revenue cycle team in our Central Billing Office plays an active role in world-class care and caring. Thrive as a valued member of the team and feel the pride of mission-driven achievement. Here, putting patients first is our mission, which means we stay committed to excellence in all aspects of our organization, including maintaining the accuracy and integrity of our medical records. And as we look to the promising future ahead, we seek talented professionals like you to help drive our financial growth while building on our reputation for excellence as one of the nation’s top-ranked hospitals.
Utilize your outstanding analytical skills and keen attention to detail to take on this important high performance role, responsible for performing varied and complex diagnostic and procedural coding for patient records. In this role, you will support the Central Billing Office with various crucial functions like ensuring the complete, accurate, and timely coding and APC assignment alongside a required daily productivity. This position plays a key role in the efficient and effective financial operations of the Medical Group and helps make a life-changing difference.
- College degree
- Understanding denials process
- Microsoft office
- Excel (basic)
- High School Diploma
- 2-3 years demonstrated coding experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of CPT, ICD-10CM, and HCPCS coding
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with clinical information systems for accessing health information in an electronic environment
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills throughout the Organization
- Reviewing and extracting appropriate CPT, ICD-10CM, and/or HCPCS based off of documentation
- Ability to work in a Team environment and independently
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.