Medical Data Analyst - Central Billing Office
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of a Mission-Driven Career
Medical Data Analyst – Central Billing Office
Join the patient-inspired team at NewYork-Presbyterian and bring new meaning to your career. See how the revenue cycle team in our Central Billing Office plays an active role in world-class care and caring. Thrive as a valued member of the team at New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S. News & World Report), and feel the pride of mission-driven achievement. Here, putting patients first is our mission, which means we stay committed to excellence in all aspects of our organization, including maintaining the accuracy and integrity of our medical records. And as we look to the promising future ahead, we seek talented professionals like you to help drive our financial growth while building on our reputation for excellence as one of the nation’s top-ranked hospitals.
Utilize your outstanding analytical skills and keen attention to detail to take on this important role, responsible for performing Performs varied and complex diagnostic and procedural coding for patient records and optimizing of DRG assignment. In this role, you will support the Central Billing Office with various crucial functions like ensuring the complete, accurate, and timely coding and APC assignment. This position plays a key role in the efficient and effective financial operations of the hospital and helps make a life-changing difference.
- College degree
- CCS or ART
- High School Diploma
- 2-3 years medical record experience, preferably in an acute care, computerized environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of ICD-10CM, HCPCS, and applicable DRG grouper coding schemes
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with clinical information systems for accessing health information in an electronic environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.