Media Relations Associate
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Media Relations that Impact the Big Picture: You Can Help Make It Possible
Media Relations Associate
Step into New York’s #1-ranked hospital, and feel the pride of building on our reputation as a world-class organization. At NewYork-Presbyterian's nationally renowned campuses, your work will strengthen our relations with the public and media outlets throughout the country. It’s the kind of career that’s essential to our continued advancement in improving people’s lives. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
Thrive in this role, as you help coordinate and oversee media/public relations activities such as communications outreach planning, medical meetings, crises and press conferences responding to media queries. Focus on thought leadership strategy and outcomes. Identify platforms and opportunities at media and medical conferences. Collaborate with medical staff and service line administrators to identify priority areas for outreach. Conduct research to determine which outlets to target and develop pitches accordingly. Write press releases, tip sheets, expert alerts, social media content, and other materials that promote our organization. Serve as a field producer for local and national news crews filming at our medical center. Supervise freelancers and support staff. Report on the outcomes of media/public relations activities, and participate in performance improvement initiatives.
This is a full time position in a 24/7 media operation with evening, weekend, and on-call rotations required.
- Healthcare policy experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience in media pitching/public relations/press releases
- Experience in a hospital/healthcare environment
- Experience integrating multimedia, social media and online media strategies
- College Degree in English, Journalism, Communications and related fields
- Excellent writing/editing
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.