LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Develops and directs marketing strategies and programs targeting physicians and healthcare professionals that establish NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital as a leader in healthcare, medical innovations and research. These efforts will help drive reputation and rankings, physician referrals and patient volume and build an engaged community of physicians and alumni that act as evangelists for NYP in their specialty areas and in healthcare at large. Oversees marketing projects and marketing management driving to clear results and benefiting the entire enterprise.
Essential Job Duties
Strategic Marketing & Planning
- Develops marketing plans and sets marketing strategy and implementation plans, in collaboration with clinical and operational leadership, as well as other marketing leaders.
- Manages marketing research programs related to specific areas of responsibility. Analyzes research results and develops comprehensive, fact – based business plans, presenting related direction to division colleagues, senior management, support departments and development teams.
- Defines and manages marketing programs, budgets and calendars ensuring on-time, on-quality and on-budget delivery of objectives and KPIs.
- Generates innovative and out-of-box thinking, while managing optimization and investment efficiencies.
- Designs measurement strategies that help validate marketing approaches; evaluates and enhances data and list strategies to refine targetable universes and opportunity.
Marketing Programs and Advertising
- Directs creative development of marketing programs and advertising campaigns that engage and inspire physicians.
- Manages relationship with agencies and related resources for specific areas of responsibility.
- Works regularly with legal, medical and clinical leadership to approve and ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of advertising and materials.
- Oversees media planning, buying and analysis to meet business objectives.
- Directs creation of physician-specific content strategies in order to engage and motivate physician awareness and positive regard for NYP and clinical innovations throughout the enterprise.
- Analyzes programs’ performance and ROI for optimization and learning.
- Develops innovative ideas to optimize marketing programs.
Marketing General Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with marketing, communications, service lines, and legal colleagues to coordinate marketing strategies that engage physicians but ladder up to overall Masterbrand and marketing objectives.
- Ensures brand identity is accurately represented in all plans and projects.
- Provides marketing consultation services to physician teams; develop and implement specific marketing programs and plans as needed or requested.
- Oversees annual marketing budget under responsibility and its process.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of employees. Provides work direction, assigns and/or schedules work, conducts on-the-job training, answers job related questions. Cultivates exceptional performance and strong employee values as a leader on the marketing and communications team.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university.
- A minimum 8-10 years digital marketing experience with a corporation or advertising agency.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, a proven track record of success.
- Working knowledge in CRM, Marketing Automation and Analytics tools.
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing data into stories.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and to be able to communicate directly with various personnel at the hospital such as physicians, their staff and other healthcare professionals.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook).
- Must be skilled at executing within tight timeframes with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability for flexibility in scheduling, as some evenings and weekends may be required.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.