Manager Physician Relations
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride!
Manager Physician Relations
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
The Manager, Physician Relations will be responsible for managing the effectiveness of the field team to achieve the goal of increased physician utilization (in-network referrals) and growth strategy deployment for the assigned territories/hospitals. The field manager will analyze volume/referral data, identify growth/ease of use opportunities and develop strategies/tactics to achieve desired volume goals.
- Work with the field team to develop and assess physician target lists, territory assignments, sales plans and other referral development structure activities.
- Develop, monitor, and measure performance standards for Growth Field Representatives
- Actively participate in individual one-on-one training with Growth Field Representatives, provide field call/presentation observation, coaching and improvement accountabilities
- Review reports, conduct ride-alongs and work with staff to improve referral development productivity and effectiveness.
Referral Development/Sales Planning
- Actively participate in development of annual volume/field team program objectives for the organization and help determine the portfolio of referrals that can be earned from physicians
- Develop internal positioning and messages to create and nurture a "physician as customer" culture. This includes working with internal leaders to ensure the field efforts are coordinated within the organization.
- Prepare draft of monthly activity and quarterly results reports
- Monitor and report market and competitor information
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a business, marketing or healthcare focus
- Completion of formal sales training program
- Ability to coach, support and motivate staff to achieve results; ability to plan, organize and direct team to meet quotas and produce results; excellent analytical, communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be goal-oriented and demonstrate the ability to achieve goals in a team environment
- Strong understanding of the healthcare industry, including economic and political influences and dynamics.
- Minimum of five years of sales experience in healthcare, with documented success.
- Minimum of two years of sales management experience in healthcare.
- Clinical experience – a plus
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.