Manager Patient Transport and Mail Services
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Manager of Patient Transportation and Mail Services.
NewYork-Presbyterian is seeking an experienced Manager of Patient Transport and Mail Services for a highly unique opportunity. At NewYork-Presbyterian, New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), our patient escort and mailroom staff are essential to ensuring a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for our patients and their families. From friendly smiles and conversations, to the continuous focus on being a patient ambassador, our patient escorts help to provide a positive experience for everyone within our hospital. Our Mail room attendants play an important role as they process mail for the entire campus along with our Medical College. They also have direct contact with our carriers UPS, Fedex and the USPS on a daily basis and ensure that mail is being processed for our staff, visitors and patients.
Under the supervison of the Director, the Manager will be responsible for providing management support to the supervisors at multi-site locations. Will oversee the daily operational activities at each location with the assistance of the supervisory staff to ensure effective management of patient escort (transport)/Mail service process. Maintains communication between the interdisciplinary departments to ensure the needs of patients are met, in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures. Manages the emergency and disaster response, resolve emergency system problems as it relates to system failure, shut down and power failure. Works along with the Information System department to provide corrective measure with quick turn-around times.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Patient Transport experience in a healthcare setting
· Supervisory related experience
· Associate Degree in business or related field
· Effective Verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to prepare analytical reports
· Well-developed interpersonal skills
· Ability to make decisions and exercise independent judgement
· Knowledge of system support procedures (PC Software Applications, Microsoft Excel, MS Word and Payroll procedures).
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.