Manager Pastoral Care and Education
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Be the face of spiritual care and support at New York’s top hospital.
At NewYork-Presbyterian, we’re passionate about holistic care and caring. Together, we deliver hope, healing and lasting health to every individual and family in our care. Now, we’re inviting you to help make it possible.
Manager - Pastoral Care & Education
Transform your career within the Department of Pastoral Care and Education at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, the #1 ranked hospital in New York according to U.S.News & World Report.
In this role, you will manage the delivery of pastoral care and educational services. Directly supervises or coordinates with ACPE faculty at the assigned campus on the management of Clinical Pastoral Education students. Is responsible for the oversight of the religious and spiritual care offered to all patients, their loved ones and hospital employees. May manage programs of Clinical Pastoral Education in accordance with acknowledged professional standards. This is a professional position with supervisory responsibilities for department staff.
- Certified as an ACPE Supervisor
- Master's Degree or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent education
- Must have a minimum of four completed units of ACPE clinical pastoral education
- Minimum 3 years experience that includes chaplaincy, administration and budget oversight
- For the Weill Cornell campus must have at least 5 years experience in CPE program administration within the ACPE framework
- Administrative, management and leadership experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Direct chaplaincy duties occasionally
- Overnight and weekend on-call occasionally
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.