Manager Outpatient Coding (CPC or CCS-P)
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of a Mission-Driven Career
Supervisor of Coding and Compliance – Central Billing Office
Join the patient-inspired team at NewYork-Presbyterian and bring new meaning to your career. See how the revenue cycle team in our Central Billing Office plays an active role in world-class care and caring. Thrive as a valued member of the team and feel the pride of mission-driven achievement. Here, putting patients first is our mission, which means we stay committed to excellence in all aspects of our organization, including maintaining the accuracy and integrity of our medical records. And as we look to the promising future ahead, we seek talented professionals like you to help drive our financial growth while building on our reputation for excellence as one of the nation’s top-ranked hospitals.
Channel your coding expertise as the Supervisor of the Coding and Compliance Department and allow your keen attention to detail shine as you take on this important role, responsible for conducting and coordinating audits of physicians’ documentation in medical records to ensure compliance and review trends in third party denials. In this role, you will provide leadership and direction for the coding and compliance department and work closely with billing supervisors and specialists, practice managers, the central billing office (CBO) manager and others to support the Central Billing Office with various crucial functions like ensuring the complete, accurate, and timely coding. Acts as a resource to CBO specialists, practice managers, providers and other staff to accurately respond to questions pertaining to coding and compliance.
This position plays a key role in the efficient and effective financial operations of the hospital and helps make a life-changing difference. Join a dedicated team focused on continuous quality improvement and help fulfill our promise to Put Patients First.
- College degree
- High School Diploma
- CPC or CSC-P certification
- 3 or more years demonstrated coding experience
- Demonstrated Strong coding knowledge and understanding of ICD-10; Understanding of reimbursements systems, risk management, and performance improvement.
- Working knowledge of revenue cycle process; Patient registration, billing, payment posting, denial tracking/resolution, accounts receivable, local/state/federal regulations, Fair Debt and Collection Practice Act, medical terminology, and payer contract familiarity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer and systems competency in the following areas: working knowledge of health systems and interfaces, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point Microsoft Outlook and electronic health records.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.