Manager Medical Gas Programs
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Build Upon A World-Renowned Medical System
Manager - Medical Gas and Plumbing Programs
Join our team as a leader, advocate, and expert for patients across NewYork-Presbyterian by managing a crucial aspect of our healing environment-medical gas and facility domestic water plumbing systems. Pursue a visionary program while improving patient safety and patient outcomes for our patients. Take the reins of complex challenges. Lead a world-class medical gas/plumbing operations and maintenance program that includes 18,000 outlets, 2,000 zone valves, 500 alarm panels and 90 pieces of medical gas source equipment, as well as domestic water systems serving the NYP enterprise. Teach a diverse group of mechanics. Most importantly, Make It Possible every day.
Reporting to NYP’s Director of Facilities Organizational Readiness, take direct responsibility for establishing and monitoring the safe, effective maintenance of medical gas and domestic water systems while working with Facilities Operations staff at the various campuses. Develop and manage a long-term recapitalization program for associated equipment and distribution systems across all 6 NYP hospitals. Supervise the overall facilities medical gas procurement and budgeting for all applicable sites and much more.
- 10 years experience in healthcare Medical Gas management
- NFPA 99 code interpretation
- Certified Medical Gas Systems Installer (ASSE 6010) within 6 months of hire
- Certified Medical Gas Systems Inspector (ASSE 6020)
- Certified Medical Gas Systems Verifier (ASSE 6030)
- Certified Medical Gas Systems Maintainer (ASSE 6040)
- High school diploma or GED
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.