LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Manager Full time Position Posting
Take Your First Step Toward a Better Future with New York’s #1 Hospital
Environmental Services Manager - Days
Your talent and drive are critical to the continued success of NewYork-Presbyterian. Creating sustainable, world-class health care facilities for both our patients and employees starts with you. For nine consecutive years, we received an ENERGY STAR award from the EPA, recognizing our commitment to protecting the environment. We are continuously evaluating our processes and improving every day. Our teams always strive to do more for our patients and their families. Find out how you can help Make It Possible.
Challenge yourself and build your career while you plan, coordinate and direct operations within the Environmental Services Department. The role needs a strong communicator and innovative problem solver with an aptitude for fostering culture that delivers service excellence. Maintaining our hospital environment starts by adhering to the highest sanitary, safety and organizational standards. That means proven history of guiding teams through operational and quality improvement initiatives while analyzing, formulating and implementing approved administrative systems in the most cost-effective way possible. This results-oriented position requires monitoring and evaluation based on firm metrics for success, as well as ensuring expenditures compare with approved budgets.
- B.A. or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of progressive management and supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, financial acumen, leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of hazardous waste and materials to ensure the safety of team members and our patients
Shift: 6am - 2pm with some flexibility required.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.