Manager Environmental Services
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Clean and Safe Environments for World-Class Care and Caring:
You Can Make It Possible
Environmental Services Manager
Step into New York’s #1-ranked hospital, and feel the pride of environmental services at their best. Across NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, one of our six nationally renowned campuses, your leadership will ensure the cleanliness and safety of facilities where countless lives are improved each and every day. It’s the kind of career that builds on our reputation for excellence in patient care and caring. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
Take on this crucial role, responsible for managing the delivery of high-quality environmental services throughout eight buildings within the campus. Continue the success of an EVS leadership team who has raised the HCAHPS scores to greater heights while leading approximately 10 supervisors and 150 housekeeping professionals. Provide training and feedback as needed. Regularly inspect rooms to assess their cleanliness, and report on your findings. Ensure service line activities comply with applicable regulations while meeting and exceeding established standards. Recommend improvements wherever necessary, and make a big impact on our future.
- A background in housekeeping/cleaning
- Experience working at a hospital
- 5 years of experience in environmental services, with 2 years in a managerial role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills to direct work, develop staff and drive engagement
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.