Maintenance Mechanic II - Engineering - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
At Gracie Square Hospital, now is an exciting time of growth and change, providing numerous opportunities to make a big impact on both our future and yours. As a member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Regional Hospital Network, we are now experiencing a period of extraordinary transformation and revitalization. We have an unwavering commitment to excellence and are always looking for ways to improve. Our dedication drives our success as New York City’s premier provider of inpatient behavioral health services.
In this role, the Maintenance Mechanic II will be responsible for repairs, machinery maintenance, plumbing, mechanical systems physical structure and electrical circuits/fixtures in accordance with blueprints, manuals, building codes and the Hospital’s maintenance policies and procedures.
This is a day shift position (9am -5pm) which includes working holidays and alternating weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years of related mechanical and electrical experience
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Sprinkler Systems S-12
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Standpipe System S-13 & Standpipe for Multi-zone System S-14
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness G46 for Compressed Gases
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Fireguard F-60
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Use of Flammable Gases G-60
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Citywide Fire Guard for Impairment F-01
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and other Related Systems S-95
- Any other applicable building trade certificate pertaining to responsibilities for electrical, plumbing etc.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.