Licensed Stationary Engineer - Lower Manhattan Hospital
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
A Top-Notch Caring Environment: Engineers Make it Possible
Licensed Stationary Engineer
The shift for this role is:
Mon - Fri 4PM - 12AM & every 3rd weekend
Bring your valuable talents to NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan—the singular source of advanced care and caring for the 600,000 New Yorkers who live and work south of 14th Street. As part of our Facilities team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring our hospital remains in the best condition for patients, employees and visitors. You will be immersed in a tight-knit culture that inspires you to perform at your best each and every day. And through your work, you’ll help maintain an environment that reflects our unwavering commitment to excellence.
As a licensed stationary engineer you will ensure efficient and twenty-four hour operation of all equipment and utilities for the hospital’s Facilities operation. You will work with Chief Engineer as part of the team by repairing the fire systems and electrical systems and other related building operations. Periodically inspects buildings, grounds and systems to ensure maintenance of service utilities. Performs all duties of Plumber A. Maintains and monitors all hot water, steam, utilities, fire and safety systems in order to provide a safe environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational high school graduate with 2 years plumbing courses or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of general maintenance experience in plumbing including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (H.V.A.C.) systems and electrical systems
- Experience with shop tools, pipe threading, electric drills, rotary hammers, steam pressure reducing valve stations, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to interpret plumbing, electrical and mechanical blueprints
- Ability to exhibit manual dexterity and a working knowledge of all building, grounds, facilities and department work areas
- New York State Refrigeration Machine Operators License Q-01
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Operation and Maintenance of Air Compressor A-35
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Fuel-Oil Piping and Storage System P-98 R
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Torch Use of Flammable Gases G-60 P
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Fireguard F-60 P
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Supervision of Fire Alarms Systems S-95 P
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.