Licensed Engineer - Evenings
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
A Top-Notch Caring Environment:
Engineers Make it Possible
Licensed Engineer - Full Time - Evenings
Bring your valuable talents to NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan—the singular source of advanced care and caring for the 600,000 New Yorkers who live and work south of 14th Street. As part of our Facilities team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring our hospital remains in the best condition for patients, employees and visitors. You will be immersed in a tight-knit culture that inspires you to perform at your best each and every day. And through your work, you’ll help maintain an environment that reflects our unwavering commitment to excellence.
As a licensed engineer you will ensure efficient and twenty-four hour operation of all equipment and utilities for the hospital’s Facilities operation. You will work with Chief Engineer as part of the team by repairing the fire systems and electrical systems and other related building operations. Periodically inspects buildings, grounds and systems to ensure maintenance of service utilities. Performs all duties of Plumber A. Maintains and monitors all hot water, steam, utilities, fire and safety systems in order to provide a safe environment.
This is a full time position, evening position, 4:00pm to 12:00 am with alternating weekends.
- New York State Refrigeration Machine Operators License Q-01
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Operation and Maintenance of Air Compressor A-35
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Fuel-Oil Piping and Storage System P-98
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational high school graduate with 2 years plumbing courses or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of general maintenance experience in plumbing including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (H.V.A.C.) systems and electrical systems
- Experience with shop tools, pipe threading, electric drills, rotary hammers, steam pressure reducing valve stations, etc.
- Ability to interpret plumbing, electrical and mechanical blueprints
- Ability to exhibit manual dexterity and a working knowledge of all building, grounds, facilities and department work areas
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Torch Use of Flammable Gases G-60
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Fireguard F-60
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Supervision of Fire Alarms Systems S-95
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.