Licensed Engineer - 2 Licenses - Various Shift
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Facilities For Best-In-Class Care:
Make It Possible at NewYork-Presbyterian
Stationary Engineer - 2 Licenses - Vacation Relief Shift
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, we’re redefining what’s possible in facility management. This year, we’ve earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR Award for the tenth consecutive time—more than any other hospital in the country. We recently unveiled a Computerized Maintenance Management System, and we’re proud to be New York’s first “green” hospital. Now, you can help make it possible. Help manage over four million square feet of state-of-the-art infrastructure as a Stationary Engineer - 2 Licenses at New York’s #1 hospital (U.S.News & World Report).
In this role, you will ensure safe, effective utility services on a 24-hour basis across NewYork-Presbyterian. You'll take responsibility as the boiler operator for our high pressure boiler system. Ensure accuracy and safety while reviewing and reporting gas temperatures and boiler exhausts and emissions. Utilize your expertise and operate NYP’s 2,000 ton chillers. Make emergency repairs. Prevent service interruptions.
Tues, Wed, Thurs - 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Friday & Saturday - 4:00PM - 12:00AM
Sunday & Monday - Off
- High School Diploma or GED
- New York City Dept of Buildings Stationary Engineer License for High Pressure Boilers
- New York City Fire Department Certificate of Qualification for Refrigeration Machine Operator (same as Refrigeration License)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working under a Stationary Engineer License and Refrigeration license
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.