Liaison Specialist (Spanish Interpreter)- Milstein ED - Full Time - Evening
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Description:Additional Job Description
Superior Customer Service:
Liaison Specialists Make It Possible
Liaison Specialist - Milstein ED - Full Time (3:30PM - 12:00AM)
As New York's #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), NewYork-Presbyterian has a reputation for superior customer service. We work hard and dedicate countless resources to maintain a comfortable healing environment that's focused on meeting the needs of every patient we serve. And now, you have the opportunity to become one of the people who Make It Possible:
Serve as a medical interpreter liaison, facilitating communication between patients and their families and the healthcare team. Advocate for patients' rights and ensure their concerns are promptly addressed. Play an essential role in helping us build on our reputation for outstanding customer service.
The schedule for the position is 3:30PM to 12:00AM.
- Bachelors degree
- 6 months experience as a health care interpreter in an acute care facility
- 2 years interpreting experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must meet one of the following: completion of 40 hours of professional training from an approved medical interpretation program, certificate of completion from an approved continuing education program, completion of an approved nationally recognized language proficiency assessment, certification from either the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters or Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters
- 500 hours of field experience
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.