Lead Lab Technologist - Chemistry-Hematology - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Lab Science Saves Lives:
Lab Technologists Make It Possible
Lead Lab Technologist - Chemistry/Hematology - Days
NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital is the singular source of care and caring for the New Yorkers who live and work south of 14th Street. Situated at the crossroads of the world’s financial epicenter and several diverse and historic communities, we provide world-class care with a patient-inspired community touch.
Join a close-knit Lab team in providing care for our patients at New York's #1 hospital. Here, you will gain valuable experience with analysis not being performed anywhere else. Utilize your strong Chemistry & Hematology experience, as you will assist in providing guidance to our team. The Lead Technologist is responsible for the performance of both routine and advanced test procedure, and accountable for accurate results, and the proper use of Quality Control Material. The Lead Technologist must know how to use and maintain a variety of laboratory instruments, and will monitors staff member’s daily activities. As a Lead Technologist, you will assist the Laboratory Supervisor in supervising and implementing quality assurance, quality control, and maintenance.
This is a full time day shift position in Chemistry/Hematology, working 8:00am - 4:00pm with rotating weekends.
- Experience in a large hospital system
- 6 years clinical laboratory experience or 4 years of experience with a Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related science
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License from New York Education Department
- At least 1 year of lab technologist experience
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.