Lactation Consultant - Full Time- Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Lactation Consultant - Days
The NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns will be a leader in providing outstanding, compassionate, personalized care to pregnant women, newborn babies and their families. Scheduled to open in August 2020, the 222,000 square foot facility will occupy the top five-and-a-half floors of the NewYork-Presbyterian David H. Koch Center and will feature: 75 private rooms and well-baby bassinets, 60 private neonatal intensive care isolettes, 16 labor and delivery rooms, five operating rooms, 20 maternal critical assessment and treatment rooms, and 15 ultrasound rooms, which will offer state-of-the-art visualization. It is set to be the first facility in New York City to have MRI capabilities and an operating room in its neonatal intensive care unit.
At the NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns, you’ll find a patient-focused, engaging, and supportive environment. The Lactation Consultant is responsible for the direct provision of effective and comprehensive nursing care to patients and their significant others. Facilitates professional nursing practice by virtue of his/her clinical expertise and teaching abilities and acts as a preceptor for new staff and students by providing them with a professional role model. Lactation Consultants will educate staff and patients and will support QA and QI initiatives. Join us at NYP’s newest state-of-the-art facility and make a difference in the lives of our patients as you build a rewarding career
This is a full-time, day shift position 7 am-5 pm- Includes rotating weekends and holidays.
- Experience as a Lactation Consultant
- Excellent communication skills, leadership, and teaching potential
- Strong commitment to providing an outstanding patient experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State License as a Registered Nurse
- IBCLC Certification
- Minimum of one year acute care RN experience in women's health or NICU is required, including lactation experience
- BCLS certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.