Laboratory Technologist - Point of Care Testing - Per Diem - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Laboratory Technologists Are Where Amazing Works
Laboratory Technologist – Point of Care Testing (POCT) - Per Diem
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, Laboratory Technologists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. We study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions - with unmatched energy and expertise. You can help make it possible. Join our team as a Laboratory Technologist.
We are currently seeking an experienced Laboratory Technologist to join our Door to Docs program in our Point of Care Testing team. You will be a part of an interdisciplinary team working closely with physicians, nurses and residents in performing and teaching staff how to conduct strep tests, diabetes tests and radiology tests effectively in order to decrease turnaround time for examination results.
This is a per diem position working on-demand as needed.
- Two years Clinical Laboratory Technologist experience
- At least one year of Point of Care Testing experience
- ASCP certification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related health science field
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York State Education Department
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.