Laboratory Technologist - Per Diem - Microbiology - Evenings-Nights
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Advanced Patient Care:
Laboratory Technologists Make It Possible
Laboratory Technologist - Per Diem - Microbiology - Evenings/Nights
NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital is the singular source of care and caring for the New Yorkers who live and work south of 14th Street. Situated at the crossroads of the world’s financial epicenter and several diverse and historic communities, we provide world-class care with a patient-inspired community touch.
Conduct routine and complex tests on clinical specimens in the Microbiology laboratory. Troubleshoot instruments and methods. Perform all quality control procedures and assist in the evaluation of new equipment, reagents and methodologies. Calibrate and maintain lab instrumentation. Research and establish new procedures to improve laboratory operations.
This is a per diem position, working on an as-needed basis. The primary need for coverage is Evening and Night shift.
- ASCP certification
- Prior Microbiology Lab Tech experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York Education department
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.