Laboratory Technologist - Generalist - Point of Care Testing – Emergency Department
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
11:Advanced Patient Care:
Laboratory Technologists Make It Possible
Laboratory Technologist - Generalist / Point of Care Testing – Emergency Department
Step into the fast-paced world the Emergency Department at New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), where Laboratory Technologists are redefining the limits of science and medicine. With patients from across the globe, we study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions—with unmatched energy and expertise. And we continue this proud tradition of patient-focused achievement through attentive leadership, close interdisciplinary collaboration and state-of-the-art technology. Join us, and become one of the people who Make It Possible.
Join the close-knit team of the Emergency Department in this exciting opportunity to provide patient care on the front-lines, with trauma and triage patients for Emergency Department. Conduct routine and complex tests on clinical specimens in various areas of the laboratory, including hematology, serology, immunology, microscopy, chemistry, toxicology and endocrinology. Prepare specimens for in-house and reference laboratory distribution. Develop reagents and controls. Calibrate and maintain lab instrumentation. Take this opportunity to bring your lab skills into the heart of patient care.
This position works 3 x 12 hour shifts per week from 11:00am - 11:30pm, with alternate weekends included.
- One to three years of experience in a clinical laboratory
- ASCP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (or equivalent experience)
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York State Education Department
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.