Laboratory Supervisor – Quality – Microbiology Laboratory Department
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Redefining the Limits of Science & Medicine
Quality Supervisors Are Where Amazing Works
Laboratory Supervisor – Quality –MicrobiologyLaboratory Department
At NewYork-Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center (NYP-WCMC), Laboratory Professionals are redefining the limits of science and medicine. We study some of the most complex and rarely seen medical conditions - with unmatched energy and expertise. Now you can become a part of Where Amazing Works.
Step into this leadership role and guide and educate our talented department staff in governmental, regulatory and compliance matters, and implement changes as needed. Act as host for all regulatory and accreditation inspections, coordinates timely responses, oversees completion of corrective/preventive action plans, and maintains accurate and complete files for these regulatory activities. Spearhead and participate in department audit processes as defined by the Laboratory Quality Plan. Prepare and analyze monthly quality monitors as indicators of laboratory performance and quality, and present regularly to Laboratory leadership.
Put your problem-solving skills to use and lead efforts to investigate client complaints and nonconforming events, and partner to document corrective actions to prevent repeat incidents. Channel your project and task management skills to develop, implement and monitor improvements with a focus on changes that will enhance the Quality of the Laboratories.
Leveraging your strong communication skills, write and direct the creation of Standard Operating Procedures and Policies (SOP’S) as outlined by the Quality System or Laboratory Manager, Supervisors, Chief Technologists or Director. Utilizing your training & coaching skills, assist in the maintenance of a comprehensive Staff Training and Competency Program.
This is a full time position, working Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm.
- ASCP Certification
- Master’s degree in related discipline
- 4 years or more of Microbiology lab experience
- Advanced proficiency with data analytics and familiarity with Performance Improvement tools
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Product Suite
- Experience with improvement methods, such as A3, PDCA, Lean or Six Sigma
- Proven ability to influence decisions
- Extensive problem-solving skills
- Bachelors of Science Degree
- Demonstrated experience in laboratory quality management and/or laboratory regulatory activity
- 6 years of clinical laboratory experience or four years with Master’s degree or two years with a PhD
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong administration, written and verbal communication skills
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License from New York State Education Department
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.