Laboratory Blood Bank Supervisor
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Lab Science Saves Lives:
Blood Banks Make It Possible
Laboratory Supervisor - Blood Bank
NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital is the singular source of care and caring for the 750,000 New Yorkers who live and work south of 14th Street. Situated at the crossroads of the world’s financial epicenter and several diverse and historic communities, we provide world-class care with a patient-inspired community touch.
Join a close-knit team of Lab Technologists in providing care for our patients at New York's #1 hospital. Here, you will gain valuable experience with work not being performed anywhere else. In this role, you will need to utilize your strong blood bank knowledge to provide guidance to our Technologists. Take this opportunity to implement quality assurance, quality control, and maintenance. As a supervisor in our fast-paced hospital, you will be responsible for all technical and administrative aspects of the Blood Bank. Take the lead on a number of quality improvement projects and ensure the efficient operations of this vital area so that our patients receive the best possible care and quality outcomes.
This is a full time, day shift position, working Monday - Friday.
- Previous lead/supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related science
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License from New York Education Department
- At least 5 year of lab technologist experience
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.