Labor Relations Manager
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Engaged Employees Who Perform at Their Best: Make It Possible at New York’s #1 Hospital
Labor Relations Manager
Move forward in your career with NewYork-Presbyterian, and help build on our reputation as a world-class employer. Across the children’s hospital and Milstein building at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, your leadership will ensure that employee satisfaction and performance remain at the highest levels to drive top-notch care and caring. It’s the kind of work that improves the lives of countless human beings. Find how you can Make It Possible.
Step into this fast-paced, high volume role where you'll be managing a large employee population, while providing guidance that drives the success of various HR-related activities, such as employee engagement and succession planning. Motivate and inspire while collaborating with peers as you help negotiate labor agreements, and advise management on contractual obligations. Manage relations between union leaders and hospital management and design and implement training programs. Become part of a dynamic, multifaceted environment that offers countless learning and advancement opportunities. Work autonomously and gain valuable experience in a union setting as new contracts are negotiated.
- Master's in a related field
- Project Management experience
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- At least 6 years of Human Resources experiencewith emphasis on Labor Relations
- In depth knowledge of of labor relations and working knowledge of contractual obligations and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and demonstrated aptitude for labor related problem solving policy setting
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.