K82 - Chief Therapist Radiation
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Drive Technological Advancement
in Radiation Oncology Care
Chief Radiation Therapist
Radiation oncology at NewYork-Presbyterian means uniting the power of an Ivy League medical school with state-of-the-art technology to care for patients facing rare and aggressive cancers. Our center is a beacon of hope for people across the world and here at home. Now, we’re inviting you to help make it possible.
Join the radiation oncology team and step into a high-tech, patient-focused environment at NewYork-Presbyterian. In this role, you will strongly collaborate with a new department chair at a leading Ivy League Academic Medical Center with the overarching goal of providing cutting edge cancer care. Manage daily technological operations of radiation therapy, and work to enhance the patient experience and employee satisfaction. Train, supervise and evaluate the radiation therapy staff of 15. Monitor quality assurance activities. Regularly assess the performance of radiation oncology systems and equipment, and other operational aspects of the department, and recommend ways to improve. Participate in department growth activities, including new treatment equipment and a new cancer center.
- At least 5 years of experience as a registered Radiation Therapist with visible progression into a Supervisory role
- Familiarity with Varian medical systems
- Supervisory experience in a labor environment
- Registered, American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- New York State Radiologic Technologist license, Radiation Therapy
- 5 years of previous work related experience
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of Radiation Therapy Technology
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.