LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of Accounting at Its Best
Bring your talents to NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and help drive world-class financial operations. As New York’s #1 hospital, NewYork-Presbyterian strives for accounting excellence each and every day. Now, you have the chance to join this Amazing team.
Junior Accountant – General Accounting
In this role the Junior Accountant establishes, monitors and maintains effective routine procedures for accounting duties to ensure accurate reporting of financial information. This position must interpret and apply Hospital regulations as well as generally accepted accounting principles in performing day to day responsibilities. The Junior Accountant posts entries into ledgers (receipts and disbursements, etc.) in accordance with established procedures. Verifies with source data to ensure that debits and credits balance. Investigates and resolves discrepancies under the directions of Supervisor. Reconciles bank statements for payroll, accounts payable and other accounts to control cash receipts and disbursement, in accordance with established procedure and accounting principles. Reviews statements on hospital contributions and reconcile differences as necessary. Completes monthly balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis. Completes monthly expense account analysis.
This is a full time hybrid position located at our Midtown Manhattan Corporate Offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Proficient computers skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.