IT Staff Auditor
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Minimizing Risks, Maximizing Performance at New York’s #1 Hospital
Step into the high-performance world of NewYork-Presbyterian, and feel the unmatched fulﬁllment of driving operational excellence for New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report). NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe. In collaboration with two renowned medical schools, Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, NewYork-Presbyterian is consistently recognized as a leader in medical education, ground-breaking research and innovative, patient-centered clinical care. Within our Internal Audit Department, results-driven professionals work as a tight-knit team to evaluate and contribute to the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes throughout our organization. By identifying procedural issues and offering recommendations to key decision-makers, our auditors help minimize risks and maximize patient care performance.
IT Staff Auditor - Internal Audit & Compliance
Join our Internal Audit team as an IT Staff Auditor to collaborate on initiatives to curtail risks and improve performance. You will report findings from these risks based audits to hospital executives, senior management, chiefs of service, and department heads, as well as collaborate with Management to develop plans of corrections. NYP offers excellent career opportunities that will help you expand your knowledge of the ﬁeld, and allow you to advance your career throughout the organization, including areas outside of auditing. Make an impact on our hospital’s continued success, while enjoying excellent work-life balance.
This position will be based at our corporate ofﬁces in midtown Manhattan with occasional travel to Hospital locations across New York.
- Active CISA (Certiﬁed Information Systems Auditor) or CISSP (Certiﬁed Information Systems Security Professional) certiﬁcations are strongly preferred
- Understands technology risks and controls
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in writing and orally with executives and non-executives and with people with various levels of technical knowledge
- Effective negotiation, inﬂuencing skills and ability to build professional relationships with clients
- Analytical, detail-oriented and great team players
- Project management experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems, computer science, computer engineering or other relevant ﬁeld
- 2-3 years of Information Technology and/or internal IT auditing experience in large healthcare, ﬁnancial services, and/or public accounting organizations
- A solid technical background in one or more of the following areas: Information Security and Cybersecurity, IT Operations, SDLC, Operating Systems (UNIX and Windows), Cloud Computing, applications security
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.