Instructor Nursing Professional Development - Pediatric Critical care -Full time -Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Educate the Brightest Minds in Clinical Care
Nursing Professional Development – RN – Pediatric Critical Care - Full time
Bring your talents to NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell’s Komansky Children’s Hospital, an Ivy League university medical center where top-notch education drives world-class care and caring. As New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S. News & World Report), we’re a model of instructional excellence, providing a wealth of resources that help clinical educators create valuable learning experiences. We’re one of the nation’s best children’s hospitals (U.S.News & World Report), and one of the most comprehensive centers in the world. Promote a culture that values the personal and professional growth and development of nurses.
Join a tight-knit team of nationally certified nurse educators led by a dynamic leader, and be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs for nursing staff. These programs will cover areas including the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Pediatric Step Down, and General Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center Komansky Children’s Hospital. Conduct clinical rounds, collaborate on projects related to our Magnet journey and identify the individual and collective learning needs of staff. Develop course curriculum and facilitate orientation and training workshops, while incorporating research findings, take part in the ECMO expansion project with cutting-edge technology. Promote best clinical practices and inspire award-winning nurses. Develop staff competencies, participate in robust simulations and provide clinical mentorship and career guidance.
This is a Full-time, days position, Monday-Friday.
- Pediatric Nurse Certification, Critical Care Certification or Nursing Professional Development Certification
- A passion for combining innovation with education, and the ability to connect well with staff
- PALS certification (AHA)
- Current NYS RN licensure
- At least 4 years of acute care nursing in pediatrics/PICU
- Master’s degree in Nursing, preferably in Education
- Basic Life Support certification (AHA)
- Experience in a teaching capacity
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.