Instructor -Nursing Education-Perioperative -Day Flex
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Across New York-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center, nurses bring compassion, talent and quality to patient care. Our nurses take great pride in staying involved in every stage of care, from the development of best practices to the coordination of multidisciplinary services. An outstanding opportunity for a
Perioperative Nurse Educator is now available in the perioperative service line at Weill Cornell and the David H. Koch Center at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, an Ivy League university medical center where top-notch education drives world-class care and caring. As New York’s #1 and the nation’s #4 ranked hospital (U.S. News & World Report), we are a model of instructional excellence, providing a wealth of resources that help clinical educators create valuable learning experiences for nursing staff dedicated to providing high quality patient care.
While serving with this impressive organization, the Perioperative Nurse Educator will join a tight-knit team of nationally certified nurse educators led by a dynamic and supportive leader at NewYork Presbyterian/ Weill Cornell Medical Center.In this role, the Perioperative Nurse Educator will serve as an integral resource to assist in the promotion of best practices by remaining up-to-date on the latest trends in healthcare, utilizing evidence-based research and cutting-edge technology (e.g. blended and online learning methodology) to inspire award-winning nurses and a dynamic leadership team. The Perioperative Nurse Educator will assess the individual and collective learning needs of the staff, and develop course curriculums and lesson plans based upon a learning needs assessment. In addition, the Perioperative Nurse Educator will actively participate in nursing orientation programs, evaluate staff competencies on a regular basis for the perioperative nursing staff, and provide clinical mentorship and career guidance as needed. Use your nursing knowledge, experience, and education in a meaningful way to guide the next generation of top-talent nurses. Lead, plan, implement, and evaluate educational programs for the Perioperative nursing staff members and participate in unit-based huddles, education activities, and clinical rounds to change practice at the bedside.
Full time Day position, varied start and end times.
- Basic Life Support Instructor Certification
- Teaching experience
- CNOR Certification or a plan to complete
- National certification in Nursing Professional Development or a plan to complete
- Proven record of formal teaching success with a nursing service or nursing education institution or agency
- Master’s degree in Nursing, preferably in Nursing Education
- Current NYS RN licensure (or willingness to obtain)
- At least 4 years of clinical experience in Perioperative nursing
- BCLS certification required
- Demonstrated passion for combining innovation with education, and the ability to connect well with staff
Step into a hospital where patient and employee satisfaction scores are at record highs. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits like tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.