Inpatient Coder – HIM Coding – Part Time-On Site
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
World-Class Clinical Coding Makes Things Happen
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe. In collaboration with two renowned medical schools, Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, NewYork-Presbyterian is consistently recognized as a leader in medical education, ground-breaking research and innovative, patient-centered clinical care. We are offering the ultimate opportunity for clinical coding professionals. At New York’s #1 hospital (U.S. News & World Report), you’ll work closely with top physicians and documentation improvement nurses while employing the unique specialty coding model.
Inpatient Coder – HIM Coding – Part Time/On Site
In this role, you will perform complex diagnostic and procedural coding for inpatient coding. You will review and analyze the medical record to accurately assign the responsible attending physician and clinical service in accordance with guidelines. This position is required to work on-site for a minimum of six (6) months.
This position is a 17.5 hours per week onsite.
- CCS, RHIA or RHIT certification
- Experienced coding in a hospital setting is a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
- College level courses or equivalent in anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology
- Minimum of 3 years’ demonstrated complex diagnostic and procedural inpatient coding experience in a computerized/electronic environment.
- Documented evidence of advanced course work ICD-10 CM, ICD-10 PCS
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.