HIM Information Analyst - Midtown Location
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
World-Class Health Information Management
HIM Information Analyst I - Midtown Location
The HIM Information Analyst I serves as a resource to hospital clinical and administrative staff regarding medical record numbers and EMPI data integrity, applying analytical skills and knowledge of and/or experience with hospital clinical and administrative databases and clinical concepts. Facilitates data and information gathering in support of various hospital reporting needs and maintaining the integrity of master patient index data base. Conducts Control Testing and Maintains the integrity of clinical and demographic patient information in all identified systems that house medical record, billing or scheduling information across all NYP Sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in HIM, Revenue Cycle, healthcare or related IT concentration
- Knowledge of information system strategies and technologies i.e. Eagle, Sunrise Clinical Manager and Record Manager, Match Metrics, Soarian, Image Cast, Cerner, Medicalis and Radiqual
- Minimum of one year experience in HIM, Revenue Cycle, healthcare or related IT concentration
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytic skills, problem solving ability, attention to detail and meeting deadlines and targets
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to generate and analyze data and statistical reports based on review
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.