Floor Mechanic - Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Go Beyond Repairs: Upgrade Facilities at NYP
The NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns will be a leader in providing outstanding, compassionate, personalized care to pregnant women, newborn babies and their families. Scheduled to open in August 2020, the 222,000 square foot facility will occupy the top five-and-a-half floors of the NewYork-Presbyterian David H. Koch Center and will feature: 75 private rooms and well-baby bassinets, 60 private neonatal intensive care isolettes, 16 labor and delivery rooms, five operating rooms, 20 maternal critical assessment and treatment rooms, and 15 ultrasound rooms, which will offer state-of-the-art visualization. It is set to be the first facility in New York City to have MRI capabilities and an operating room in its neonatal intensive care unit.
At the NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns, you’ll find a patient-focused, engaging, and supportive environment. As a Floor Mechanic, use your excellent interpersonal skills to represent the Facilities Department and respond to all maintenance issues. Perform the general, routine, and preventative maintenance needed to keep the facility running. Take charge of the HVAC, electrical, painting, plastering, carpentry, plumbing, and refrigeration challenges that come your way.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 5 years general maintenance experience
- Working knowledge of the trades
- Strong commitment to providing an outstanding patient experience
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.