Fire Safety Technician
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Essential Job Duties
- Tags fire extinguishers monthly and maintains annually. Replaces fire extinguishers that require hydrostatic testing as per NFPA and FDNY requirements.
- Inspects fire standpipe hoses and racks monthly. Replaces as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory of the fire extinguishers, fire standpipe hoses and fire blankets.
- Inspects hot work permits to ensure compliance with local requirements.
- Assists during fire drills under the direction of the Fire Safety Manager/Specialist.
- Responds to Code Red fire alarm activations during normal business hours and off-hours, including nights and weekends.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations including NYS DOH, CMS, Joint Commission, OSHA, FDNY and the NFPA Life Safety Code.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, NFPA standards, NYC Fire Department Directives, NYC Fire and Building Codes and OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of Fire Safety and Emergency Response
- Computer skills and familiarity with word processing, database management and spreadsheet development
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.