Fire Safety Manager
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
The NYP Fire Safety Department is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the fire safety programs across multiple campuses including fire safety education, fire drills, ILSM assessments and inspections, hot work permits, fire safety plans and regulatory inspections.
In this role the Fire Safety Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Directs staff and related resources to maintain a safe operating environment for NYP’s patients, visitors, and staff. Plans, directs, and supervises the functions and activities of Regulatory Compliance staff.
- Work under the umbrella of Environmental Health and Safety to manage and resolve personnel, staffing and resource issues.
- Monitors hospitals compliance with Federal state local and all regulatory agencies concerning issues of hospital fire safety.
- Advises leadership on code deficiencies that may affect services.
- Assists departments with development and implementation of corrective action plans or projects designed to bring the hospital into compliance.
- Coordination with site Facilities Operations Director/Manager in addressing day-to-day activities/functions that may impact fire/life safety including notification for the impairment of fire protection/life safety systems.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations including the NYS-DOH, CMS, The Joint Commission, OSHA, FDNY and the NFPA Life Safety Code.
- Certificate of Fitness Fire/Life Safety Director
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience
- Five years’ experience in a Healthcare environment or a fire-protection-related field
- Thorough knowledge of Joint Commission standards, NFPA standards, NYC Fire Department Directives, NYC Fire and Building Codes and OSHA regulations
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with word processing, database management and spreadsheet development
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fire Safety and Emergency Response experience
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.