Field Director - Plant Mechanical Systems Facilities Operations
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Facilities For Best-In-Class Care
Make It Possible at NewYork-Presbyterian
Field Director – Plant and Mechanical Systems, Facilities Operations
Step into life at NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Medical Center, and help manage over 3 million square feet of high performance, high-tech health care facilities. It's an exciting era of innovation. NewYork-Presbyterian has received the Partner of the Year awards for Sustained Excellence in Energy Management - the energy program's highest honor. Transform your career as a facilities management leader at the #1 hospital in New York (U.S. News). Take the reins and lead the daily operations of a renowned center where clinicians thrive and patients come first.
Reporting to the Director – Facilities Operations, the Mechanical Field Director directs and oversees preventive, reactive and emergency maintenance teams in the Power Plant, Chiller plant and HVAC shops at the CU/MSCHONY campuses. Responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable operation of the central power plant and chiller plants as well as all HVAC and ancillary equipment. Manages the Building Management System and directs its operation. Plans for future capital requirements. A critical responsibility is to coordinate all site system shutdown requests in support of major maintenance or capital project implementation. Liaison between FDC and FO for mechanical system design and construction involved in capital projects implementation. Ensures that the facility buildings are appropriately warmed and/or cooled.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- NYC Steam/Refrigeration license or US Coast Guard Engineering license
- A minimum of 7 years’ of supervisor facilities engineering experience
- Proven management skills in diverse labor force
- Knowledge of central plant systems and chiller plant systems and related codes and standards
- Strong management/supervisory skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in the use of CMMS systems to organize and track staff work performance
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.