Executive Chef - Weill Cornell
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
When patients require compassionate, respectful care, New York –Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center serves their needs. As Executive Chef, you will be responsible for continuous evolution of an amenities menu that offers a variety of selections on the cutting edge of culinary experience. The Executive Chef is also responsible for supervising & managing kitchen staff and coordinating all culinary activities of the amenities kitchen that reaches a diverse clientele.
You’ll follow and implement contemporary market trends, and preparations that can be modified across a myriad of prescribed diets. In this role, you will oversee production, ensuring that food preparation exceeds specified standards. The Executive Chef must possess excellent delegation skills, must be able to manage multiple priorities, and demonstrate the ability to train and develop the skill levels of the culinary staff to achieve maximum potential. You’ll develop and maintain training material, including but not limited to: plating guidelines, technical skills and cooking methods. You will also ensure maintenance of production equipment and adherence to sanitation and safety standards. Your work will contribute to overall health and wellness, and is a key aspect of our hospital’s mission.
- High volume production experience
- Understanding of kitchen sanitation and food handling
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Fine dining experience desirable
- Associate’s degree from an accredited school of culinary training
- At least 5 years experience as an Executive Chef or equivalent in healthcare or large volume operation
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.