Engineer Stationary Watch - Vacation Relief
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Facilities for Best-In-Class Care:
Make It Possible at NewYork-Presbyterian
Stationary Watch Engineer
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, we're changing lives with over four million square feet of state-of-the-art research and care. We've earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR" Award for the ninth consecutive time - more than any other hospital in the country.
In this role, you will coordinate the activities of Boiler Operators, Power Plant Mechanics, and Refrigeration Engineers. You will be involved in the operation, maintenance, and repair of the high pressure boilers, chillers, vacuum, and centrifugal pumps, filters, turbines, and chemical treatment of boiler water and co-generation plant equipment.
The schedule for this role is Sunday - Thursday 8:00AM - 4:00PM and covering vacation relief as needed.
- Candidates must be available for weekends, evenings, nights, holidays, emergencies and scheduled work/outages.
- Qualified candidates will have a highschool diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of power plant experience.
- New York City Licensed Stationary Engineer - High Pressure Boiler Operating Engineer by NYC Department of Buildings
- NYC Refrigerating System Operating Engineer license, unlimited tonnage required by NYC Fire Department
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.