Engineer Refrigeration Licensed
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Description:Licensed Refrigeration Engineer
Step onto our Weill Cornell Medical Center campus and discover four million square feet of state-of-the-art health care. Last year, we earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR Award for the tenth consecutive time, more than any other hospital in the country. We're New York's first "green" hospital - and you can help make it possible.
As a licensed refrigeration engineer, you will perform routine and preventative maintenance on all refrigeration equipment within the hospital complex. You will be responsible for removing, replacing and rebuilding refrigeration devices. Help to troubleshoot and effectively resolve refrigeration issues while responding to calls in a timely manner. Ensure proper running conditions of compressors, evaporators, condensers and pumps.
The shift for this position is as follows:
Sunday - 4PM - 12:00AM
Monday - 4PM - 12:00AM
Tueday - Off
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - 4PM - 12:00AM
Friday - 4PM - 12:00AM
Saturday - 4PM - 12:00AM
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years documented experience in maintenance and repair of HVAC/R systems
- Certification from an accredited technical school in HVAC/R systems
- EPA certification for recovery of refrigerant
- Licensure required as a FDNY Refrigeration Engineer by the City of New York
- Must be available for weekends, evenings, nights, holidays, emergencies and schedules
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.