LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
World-Renowned Emergency Response:
Paramedics Make It Possible at NYP
Full time and Casual opportunities available
NewYork-Presbyterian is home to the largest hospital-based EMS service in New York City and top-talented paramedics who Make It Possible. In 1986, our service became one of the first participants in the newly formalized New York City 9-1-1 system. In 2001, NYP-EMS unit 10-DAVID was one of the very first resources on the scene of the September 11th attack. Four years later, our state-of-the art mobile command center was the centerpiece of a 10-day disaster recovery mission following Hurricane Katrina. Today, our team includes over 400 EMTs, paramedics and support staff covering a response area of over 1,800 sq. miles. We're expansive, respected and growing and now you can join our team.
Provides immediate and effective care to the ill or injured. Performs assessment and treats/transports patients to an appropriate medical care facility in accordance with all applicable New York State Department of Health, New York City REMAC and NYP*EMS policies, procedures, and practices for ALS providers.
- Recent 911 Paramedic experience (within prior 24 months)
- High School diploma or GED
- Current NYS DOH Paramedic Certification
- Current NYC REMAC Paramedic Certification
- Class D Driver's License (with safe driving record)
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.