Emergency Department Technician
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Night Flex (United States of America)
Impact the emergency care experience at New York's #1 hospital.
Emergency Department Technician - Multiple Opportunities Available
Make the all-important lasting impression on patients in urgent need as an Emergency Department Technician at NewYork-Presbyterian. Care for patients while you draw blood and take vital signs-when expertise and superior service makes all the difference. As an officially designated 911 receiving hospital, a Level I Trauma Center, a Psychiatric Emergency Receiving Center, and a Burn Center for the City of New York, we care for over 80,000 patients each year. That means 80,000 individuals and families in need of compassionate support and superior safety. It's a fast-paced, high quality environment, where patient focus impacts every detail of what we do. Join us, and feel the unmatched pride of making a difference.
Accurately measure and record patient vital signs including body temperature, pulse respiration, and blood pressure. Report abnormal findings, put patients at ease and be the eyes and ears of our award-winning nursing team. Collaborate with a team of nurses to raise the bar and Put Patients First always.
This is for current and future Emergency Department Tech positions - including full time, part time, day, or night shift opportunities.
- Currently pursuing BSN degree - Sophomore or Junior year students
- At least 1 year experience as a Nurse’s Aide or equivalent experience
- Experience in measuring and recording temperatures, pulses respirations, blood pressures, heights, weights, and obtaining 12 lead EKG’s and drawing blood for laboratory tests
- Certificate of successful completion of an approved phlebotomy program
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work harmoniously with staff, patients, visitors and EMS
Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.