LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
A Top-Notch Caring Environment:
Bring your valuable talents to NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan—the singular source of advanced care and caring for the 600,000 New Yorkers who live and work south of 14th Street. As part of our Facilities team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring our hospital remains in the best condition for patients, employees and visitors. You will be immersed in a tight-knit culture that inspires you to perform at your best each and every day. And through your work, you’ll help maintain an environment that reflects our unwavering commitment to excellence.
As an Electrician A, you perform the installation, service, repair and maintenance of electrical equipment, systems and devices. You will also installs, service, maintain and repairs electrical equipment and appliances (i.e. motors, electrical stoves, fire alarms, power systems, etc). Operate and assists contractors with Con Edison electrical equipment to serve the Hospital.
The schedule is:
Every other Weekend: Saturday or Sunday, 8am-4pm (won’t work the Monday night shift on the weekends of work)
- New York City Department Certificate of Fitness of Supervisor of Fire Alarm Systems S-95
- Driver’s License
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an electrician
- Flexibility to work various work shifts
- Knowledge of New York City and National Electrical Codes
- Knowledge of testing, metering and work tools
- Working knowledge of Electrical Safety, OSHA Safety Practices and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.