Dosimetrist - Full Time - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Radiation Oncology at New York’s Top Hospital:
Dosimetrists Make It Possible
Dosimetrist – Full Time - Days
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe. As a Dosimetrist within New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), you’ll be working closely with other dosimetrists and physicists in providing radiation treatments for common and rarely seen cases from around the world. Your primary responsibility would be implementing and reviewing isodose plans and assuring completeness of plan preparation for treatment and compliance with standard organ constraints. You will also have the opportunity to participate in dosimetry meetings and departmental peer review rounds of patient plans.
Eclipse, in combination with the Velocity software platform for deformable registration, is used for planning 3D, 4D, IMRT, RapidArc and SBRT treatments. Brainlab is used for all SRS and SRT treatments. ARIA is the backbone for all planning and technical documentation making for a smooth flow of information from planning through treatment.
This is a full time position, working Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Previous experience as a Dosimetrist
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science or Physics
- Registration as a Certified Medical Dosimetrist through the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB)
- Board eligible at time of hire - must complete certification within 1 year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.