Director - Support Services - Columbia University Irving Medical Center
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
A Top-Notch Caring Environment:
Support Services Professionals Make It Possible
Director - Support Services – Columbia University Irving Medical Center
At NewYork-Presbyterian Columbia University Irving Medical Center, we are dedicated to serving the health care needs of our community in a compassionate, respectful manner. Our support services department is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for patients, visitors and employees. If you’re ready to play a key leadership role in the care and caring of our patients, explore this position:
We are looking for an engaging and transformational individual to lead our support services team; to provide the strategic guidance needed to ensure our campus is prepared to welcome patients and visitors every day, and is always in the best condition for providing these services and treatment. Under the guidance of the Vice President of Support Services for the Columbia University Irving Medical Center, the Director of Support Services will be responsible for owning the patient experience and leading the day to day operations and activities of our Environmental Services, Patient Transport, and Waste Management Departments across 10 buildings. You will build and partner with a tight-knit team of innovative leaders as well as 500 dedicated professionals ready to provide the very best level of service to our patients while fostering a culture of service, teamwork, accountability, and hospitality. You will prepare and manage assigned budgets, regularly assess service line performance, and address opportunities to decrease length of stay and drive other improvements.
- Master's Degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with LEAN or Six Sigma process improvement
- Leadership experience in an union environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 7 years demonstrated leadership experience with a background in environmental services, preferable within healthcare or hospitality
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.