Director of Patient Access
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Director of Patient Access- Gracie Square Hospital
At Gracie Square Hospital, now is an exciting time of growth and change, providing numerous opportunities to make a big impact on both our future and yours. As a member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Regional Hospital Network, we are now experiencing a period of extraordinary transformation and revitalization. We have an unwavering commitment to excellence and are always looking for ways to improve. Our dedication drives our success as New York City’s premier provider of inpatient behavioral health services.
In this role, the Director of Patient Access plans, coordinates, and directs daily operations of the department to ensure efficient admission and registration of patients, effective bed management and insurance verification. Effectively interacts with other departments to ensure consistent and timely admission of patients by maintaining effective communication with hospital executives, physicians, administrators, department heads, staff, patients, and outside agencies to ensure effective department operations. Serves as liaison to promote excellent communication and to resolve conflicts and patient/ family complaints.
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a hospital setting, experience with Patient Access and Patient Relations processes
- Superior organizational and communications skills (written/verbal) with the ability to present findings to collaborative partners
- Ability to simultaneously manage multitasks rapidly changing priorities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.