Director Maintenance Operations
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Facilities Professionals Make It Possible
Director of Maintenance Operations
The Director Maintenance Operations is a peer to the Site Directors, and is responsible for enterprise-wide uniformity for several key aspects of FO&E management.
Partnering with the Site Directors and Program Managers develops implements and monitors enterprise-wide work requirements to maintain and operate NYP equipment and facilities at all sites. Responsible for ensuring that Facilities Operations & Engineering’s work plans and schedules are processed uniformly and managed effectively and efficiently.
- Works with the Site Directors and Shop Managers in the review and establishment of resource allocations and determination of staffing levels in accordance with workload volume and timing.
- Works with the Site Directors and Planning & Scheduling team to ensure efficient coordination, staffing, communications and implementation for system shutdowns at all campuses (CU, MSCONY, TAH, WC, LMD, and WD).
- Responsible to oversee Regulatory requirement Compliance across FO&E. Oversee the regulatory binder management process to ensure consistency and compliance with requirements.
- Responsible for overall training needs of FO&E including scheduling, tracking and development of programs either in-house or through third parties.
- Direct the plans and work of the Manager, Medical Gas Programs, including establishing and monitoring safe and effective maintenance of medical gas systems, the development of a recapitalization strategy and program for these systems and related equipment, and regular financial reporting for all sites.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business
- Professional Engineer Certification
- Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM)
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional (CHEP) or Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 7 years of supervisory engineer experience, preferably at a large hospital
- Superior management, communication analytical and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Engineering Management, Engineering Systems, Budgeting, and EOC Regulator Compliance
- Demonstrated proficiency in Engineering Maintenance and Business Communications, preferably in a large hospital
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.